Nha Trang City, past and present

Thursday, 31/03/2022, 23:29 [GMT+7]

Nha Trang City, past and present

Nha Trang has transformed from a small fishing village to a tourism city. On April 30, 1924, King Khai Dinh issued a decree to establish “Thi Tran” (smaller than a town) Nha Trang. 20 years later, on March 15, 1944, King Bao Dai issued a decree upgrading Nha Trang from “thi tran” to town status with five wards. In 1956, Saigon administration abolished town status and changed Nha Trang into Nha Trang East and Nha Trang West. Saigon administration continued to change Nha Trang into town and divided it into two neighborhoods in 1970 and two districts in 1972.
 
After April 30, 1975, the two provinces of Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa were merged into Phu Khanh Province, and Nha Trang served as the administrative center of the province. On March 30, 1977, the Government Council issued Decision No. 391, upgrading Nha Trang from town to city directly under Phu Khanh Province. In 1989, Phu Khanh Province was split into two provinces, Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa; Nha Trang was the administrative center of Khanh Hoa Province.
 
After 45 years being upgraded from town to city, Nha Trang has changed much towards civilization and modernity. 
 
The following are some images of Nha Trang in the past and nowadays.
 
 
A section of Highway 1 in Vinh Luong Commune in the past
A section of Highway 1 in Vinh Luong Commune in the past

 

 

Tran Phu Street towards the south
Tran Phu Street towards the south

 

Tran Phu Street nowadays
Tran Phu Street nowadays

 

Xom Bong Bridge area seen from Ponagar Temple
Xom Bong Bridge area seen from Ponagar Temple

 

Xom Bong Bridge nowadays
Xom Bong Bridge nowadays
Translated by H.N